
I have found something worthy of blogging about! I was watching the tube as my husband was out playing the all-Canadian-sport of hockey, and I flipped to CBC and found this great little program called Hockeyville. Cool. Let's find out what it's all about and watch it while commercials are on our other 2 channels...
"Fifty communities have been selected from morethan 400 submissions to move to the next stage of the competition for the Kraft Hockeyville title. The winning community will receive the grand prize,which includes the opportunity to host a live NHL exhibition game, a $50,000 gift card from The Home Depot for upgrades to their local arena and $10,000 in hockey equipment from CCM/Reebok. The top 50 finalists edged out the competition by demonstrating creativity, passion for the game and above all, great community spirit. Submission requirements included choosing a team name, sharing the storiesthat demonstrate the unique personality and culture of their community, and sending in an item that embodies the team's community spirit and fits the equation of "Community Spirit + Hockey = Hockeyville"
So, I'm watching....this is cool. Find out what small communities are trying to win 'Hockeyville' title. And guess what I see -
Winnipegosis, Manitoba!!!
That's right! BABA's hometown! can you even believe it! I was pretty excited as they showed Winnipegosis main street with most of the town coming out to see it all...the meat market, the youth club, the post office...all in Baba's town. Where my dad grew up with his sister and 2 brothers. Cool! I was pretty excited. And on top of that, dad's cousin, Nestor Barsewsky who owns the meat market, was 1 of 4 chanting "Winnipegosis IS Hockeyville!"
Way to make the map, guys!
We went to a marriage conference this week, but who needs to talk about that when Winnipegosis is making it's mark on Canada?!
Check out: http://www.cbchockeyville.ca/home.php and stay tuned to learn how to vote for Winnipegosis!
Leah

1 comment:
that's cool. i was looking at the list, and i have played in (or against) several of the towns from manitoba and saskatchewan, but not winnipegosis. hope they win!
well, got to go and study. take care guys.
Post a Comment