
Yes. it's official. we're on our way to Iksan, South Korea!! We plan to be there for classes starting on January 2nd. We will teach 20-25 minute English conversation classes, then switch with a Korean teacher who will teach the grammar. We will sign a 1 year contract with the private English school - and see how long we end up staying! We are open to staying as long as God needs us to. The students go to 'regular school' all day long, then go to private schools for the evening. the older students are finished at 10pm. we'll be teaching ages 9-13 with approx.12 students in each class. our hours are M-F 3:30-7:30pm, so there should be lots of time for new friendships and becoming accustomed to a new culture. We're excited for our new adventure to begin...
We'll be heading back to Saskatchewan the first week of December to make Len and Carol's our homebase until we leave before New Years. Hopefully we'll head out East to Thunder Bay to visit Craig's family before spending Christmas in Regina.
It's still not real for us. We're MOVING to KOREA!! wow! God really knows how small our world is.
When are you coming to visit us in Asia?!

9 comments:
Hey! Yeah- you're headed the right direction!!! That's totally exciting!!
I see a marvelous kimchi diet in your future! Woooo! Yeah, I'd definitely like to come for a visit to Korea. And, you really must come for a visit to Hong Kong!
Good work!! Enjoy the next couple of months. Adventure awaits!
Your Friendly Asian Neighbour,
Harm
Congrats guys - that is great news.
WOO HOO - I am so excited for you guys. What a wonderful opportunity for you both. I'm looking forward to all your Korea stories already. But first I'm looking forward to some visiting when your here in Regina. See you soon!
Jen Mooney
We're going to Disneyland next year so perhaps we could stop by Asia on the way back. . .
We'll see.
John
EXCITING! what a great opportunity! i am so excited for both of you - and know that you will make great teachers. and you'll get to hang out with rachel too, which is pretty cool!
i'm excited that you'll be around regina for christmas too, because that means i'll probably get to see you. that would be fantastic!
see you soon.
jill
We are so excited for you guys. It will be a great year I am sure. Will you be stopping by in Calgary anytime? So we get to see you too? Let us know if you are. Congrats!
Cody & Nicole
Great news! Ahhhh, I am sure your have a million things racing through your minds - lots of details I am sure. Well, hold on tight and enjoy the ride.
Love,
Carolyn
That's fantastic...keep up the blog for those of us who may not be able to make the trip!
Blessings,
Stace
That is so exciting! How fun! We wish you all the best.
Love Kristi
Post a Comment