Craig here. This is crazy! We are going to Korea tomorrow! It is so real that I am blogging about it. I guess I'm one of those strong silent type that only blogs when he has something important to say (if you consider moving to another culture important!). I certainly do. "Why?" you ask. Because we are going to paydown our student loans. That is right, I'm like any other man. It is all about the $$$$$.
Actually, after talking with our friend (and now boss :) Rachel, I am finding out that there are a lot of equally important reasons for teaching English in Iksan:
1) You learn how to speak proper English again;
2) You get to experience eating household pets;
3) You get to have people staring at you because your skin color is different; and,
4) You get to make $$$$$.
Okay, so the $$$$$ is pretty high on my priority list. The way I see it, this opportunity is phenomenal. We get to experience another culture and pay down our debt at the same time. It will also be awesome to try and grab hold of how Koreans experience God. I have such a North American worldview. My hope is that this experience will deepen our relationships with God and that we will develop a greater appreciation for his love and creativity...Across cultural differences.
Alright, this little message needs to come to an end. But before I go, I have got to say that I spoke with my Newfy cousin about Tae Kwan Do. Apparently, it has it roots in Korea so I'm thinking that we are going to take the opportunity to learn it in the Motherland. Kyle, be prepared to spar with us in a couple of years!
Okay, so I'm still typing. The reason being: I have got to thank my lovely wife publicly for keeping me sane and organized through this time of planning and packing! We make a good team!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dear Leah and Craig,
We love you. Enjoy. Talk soon.
Brian
Post a Comment