Monday, September 10, 2007

'Pastor' Craig

Craig has been asked to submit his resume to a church in Jeonju -about a 30 min. bus ride from Iksan. Here is how it came about:

Craig was asked by our friend Daniel to speak at his school's English camp held in July. He spoke twice and really enjoyed it. He finally got to say 'yes' to a speaking engagement! There were some foreigners at the camp leading. One was Matthew and was impressed with Craig's words. He attends a church and let his pastor know about Craig.

One evening we were out for duk galbi with our friends (yummy!!) and craig had recieved a few text messages that day from some number he didn't recognize. but the messages were obviously important - PLEASE CALL ME!!! - and that was it. while eating dinner, he got a phone call, came back to the table saying it was Pastor Kim calling from Jeonju and wanted to know if Craig could speak at the English service on Sunday - it was Wednesday. We have been going to Daejeon once a month so Craig could minister there and he was already slotted in to speak. So he had to decline, and the Pastor asked about the next weekend. Craig thought that an email with some info about the church would at least be appropriate, so that's what they did.

Since that happened about a month ago, Craig and I have made it to Jeonju twice for Craig to speak, they've asked for his resume for the full time pastor position, which they pay well for and offer a house for lodging. The church has 7000 members with translation in English, and Chinese. The English worship service has about 80 members. you can check out the link and read 'Pastor' Craig's outlines under PREACH- his most recent being 07/09/10 (his is also 2007/08/27). Craig has for now committed to preaching twice a month in Jeonju at Paul's Church and once in Daejeon until we know for sure from God what we should do.

Craig looks back on our time in Canada, still can't believe the steps that were made to get us here to Korea in the first place - and can't believe how much God keeps pursuing him into ministry. We are here to teach English - aren't we?! I keep looking at Craig questioning his questions - he's a minister! of course God is pursuing him! There is always a higher purpose that we just don't tend to see. Thankfully someone much bigger than us can see it all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking and praying for you in your decision you have to make in the days/weeks to come. I truly understand a bit of what you are going through. I've been leaning on God's direction in my work life for the past 9 months too and although I can't fully see his plan as of yet I know he's there and his plan will be revealed in his good time. Take Care, Crystal (Elford) Quilliams

Anonymous said...

Craig. Gosd certainly has a plan for you. It must be very difficult to make such a decision. Only you a God know what is on your heart. Take care. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Craig. God certainly has a plan for you. It must be very difficult to make such a decision. Only you a God know what is on your heart. Take care. Love Mom

Brian said...

That is some radical stuff. Totally exciting. I wish I could be there to mull stuff over with ya. I will pray for you all. Keep us posted.

Love ya