so Happy belated Birthday to me.
I know, so sad, eh?!
Acutally the whole thing was really great. Craig was working during the evenings (not so great but necessary for overtime pay!) so Kate (friend from Missouri) took me out for steak at Outback. It was so nice to sit and chat and eat some beef!
Craig and I went out for supper on Wednesday evening - again to Outback. But we shared the baby back ribs. yum.
I got a present from Canada - from Art and Anne-Marie. It had come in the mail on Monday and Craig got home before I did. So nice to get a surprise present from them! A nice new shirt and some warm smart-wool socks. thanks!
Craig got me a new Starbucks travel mug with Korean script on it. Very useful and will always remind me of my warm water drinks from Korea.
We went to Seoul! we left Friday night and made it to the hotel. It was so great to get out of Jeonju! We hadn't gone anywhere together since the summer - and we were with other people then too.
We went to Dangdaemun area for a change of scenery - and stuck to walking near the river instead of shopping in the skyscraper shopping malls. Something like 50,000 stores to chose from in this 10 block radius. Why did we go there again? the fun part is that the subway stop is named after a stadium. So we found a map of the area and looked around for the stadium to anchore ourselves - only to discover the stadium had been bulldozed. We've had many encounters in Korea of things on maps that simply aren't there anymore.
We met up with Kate, Kaley (friend from North Dakota), Nicole and Julie and their crew from Gwangju for Cirque du Soleil! We went last year and loved it. We were not disappointed this year!
We went into Itaewon and grabbed a Mexican lunch. I had the chicken quesidillas and Craig had the chicken burrito. with guacamole and sour cream. yes, very, very yummy!
then my real present from Craig arrived in the mail this week. We had a pendant hand made by a lady. My name for 2 years in Korea has been 'Leah Teacher' so we had it written in Korean.
And now I'm older...
...I wonder what my 32nd year is going to bring?!

No comments:
Post a Comment