I haven't really talked too much about my favorite job in the whole wide world, the reason i went into major debt getting a university degree, and what gets me out of bed at 7am to work a wonderful 5 hour shift - YES!! SUPERSTORE!!!
actually, it's not all that bad. i enjoy swiping things through my till at lightening-fast speeds, trying not to squish your bread or throw things on the floor. sorry about that. but it's all in the training manual.
But this morning was different. this morning was glorious! as i stood at the self-check-out stand waiting for those eager little shoppers to come through with their goods, i heard some great music on the radio that took me back 9 years...and made me think of the Close's when it was just John and Angie! Playing was So in Love by Boyz II Men, which was sang by 'the boys' at their wedding. how sweet! so i sang along as i made sure there was enough bags at the check out stands. then along came Stand By Me - yeah, i know you're singing it in your head now. so the summer before gr.12 i worked at Western and stayed with the Cox's. John's family lived in Dauphin and we met to go for a bike ride one day. He started doing the bass line, and i joined in with the melody - which didn't last long as we lost our tune and places quickly. but we were secretly practicing our auditions for Sonshine....
Just so nice when you're taken back to sweet memories with friends...
speaking about bags - yes. you do need to pay $0.04 for each bag. i think you can handle it. go to s-----y (the competitor) and pay $40 more for your grocery order if you don't want to pay $0.40 for your bags and yes, you must bag them yourself.
you can read more thoughts about this here...seriously, who writes about grocery bags
ahhhh...saturday mornings...gotta love 'em!!
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow Leah! i've definitely never written about grocery bags... but you can now leave a comment on my new post. hope your Sunday morning is just as great. Love ya.
I remember that. I made Sonshine. Tee Hee. I'm a singer. Snicker. I'm so talented. Ha.
I have talent. Hee. I don't. Boo.
Good memories though. . .
John
Leah, i posted a whole new story about my life and you dont even comment...
Post a Comment