So August 15th has come and gone, but never without thinking of Estonia. that date marks the day we left our 'home' behind and headed back to Canada, only every year it means I've been away 1 more year. 2007 means it's been 7 years since moving to Estonia and 5 years since leaving. I have a song in my head 'it's been 5 long years and I love you just the same...'
It would be so great to 'go home for a visit' once more. Maybe someday both Craig and I will be able to go back. It makes it especially hard this month as Stas and Nastya are getting married next week. Stas and I met back in 1996 when he was just 16 years old - so to me he is my Russian brother. he couldn't be marrying a better woman. We'll save our Congratulations for the 29th, but we are thinking about you guys as your wedding day approaches. Would love to be there for your wedding, but we will 'be there in spirit' as Stas used to say!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
i miss it there too. although i'm sure not as much you do. it's a pretty special place.
and stas and nastya are two of my favourite people that i met during my time there. they are awesome, and i'm so glad that they are getting married.
Glad to see you're posting again. I missed you both,
Pam
Stas & Nastya all the best to you ...
Dimas /Chicago
Post a Comment