Saturday, November 07, 2009

I QUIT!

well, not exactly quit but I have finished working!
I've been working as 'receptionist' at WCC's main desk as receptionists get trained and moved into new positions. It's been great, but I felt very overwhelmed last night.
Craig and I talked and I just felt like working every morning and then needing to nap every afternoon for 2 hours and then go to my swimming lesson or make supper or go out to visit...
it just felt like things were never ending and I was completely overwhelmed and exhausted.
Craig decided Wednesday needed to be my last day of work.
And I needed my husband to sit me down, make a firm decision and just tell me what to do because it is the best for me.
We figured 1 week before our due date I should be able to take it easy.

Besides that, I was feeling like this 'alone' time in my life that I've had up until now is about to quickly be over. It's not a negative thought or feeling, but just a realization that 'my' time is about to not be mine anymore - very literally. I will have a small infant who needs me completely at almost every moment for its survival. And I'm sure for the majority of the time I will be very excited to be caring for our baby.
But I have lived my whole life without another person being dependent on me and that's what I've known. And all of that is about to change.
So here's hoping I get a few days for me and for us before our lives drastically and wonderfully change - forever!

1 comment:

Paul said...

You guys are going to have a blast with Baby Ried. And getting to quit your job to spend time with "it" (or should I say him/her) is a bonus (I can just hear Travis yelling that at the top of his lungs right now).