Monday, June 04, 2007

Massage

This weekend was a full one - and doesn't the title 'massage' make your muscles feel all stiff - like you need a massage? well, i'll tell you about my massage experience.
Friday evening after work, Craig, Rachel, Robin and I all drove in Rachel's car to Jeonju to go eat some ribs and steak at Outback Steakhouse. You just gotta every once in awhile here. Especially after my last post about bundigy. Rachel had suggested earlier on to Craig that i should go with her to get a Korean massage. Craig thought it was a great idea - as long as it was pretty similar to 'back home'.

After our tummies were full, we dropped off Robin (cause she isn't into 'being touched') and Craig and we headed down to Spalee's. Rachel had warned me that it was pretty intense and they delivered a really hard massage, so if i wasn't up to it, she understood. But i figured I used to have J'nea massage my hand until it 'clicked', Donna Ashby used to walk on my back, Charla can't stand how hard Brian massages and I think it's great, and Jaime pounded on my shoulder blade when it was out, so I figured I'd be able to take it.

I was wrong.

My lady was younger than Rachel's, and I surely got my $40 worth - and then some! I tried to keep the yelling to a minimum when she worked on the back of my head and neck, but when she started digging her thumbs into my shoulderblades, i just couldn't hold it in anymore! Laughing because it hurt so much didn't seem to deter her - she just laughed along with me. When I was screaming with laughter/pain because she was killing my feet, she found a simple solution. She got up on the table with me and dug her knees into my feet - that way i could get the maximum massage - AND i couldn't move! Walking all over my back actually felt nice...then she asked me to turn over...

wow. i have only had a tummy massage once, and an old-coworker-turned-massager said it can be incredibly relaxing - but this was anything but! both rachel and i seriously had to try and keep our supper down, but it was a struggle. I think she actually reached in and touched my liver, straight through my rib cage. I can't tell you what else happened to Rachel, but i will always remember it cause it was soooooo funny - at the time! The face massage was the best and I would do that a hundred times over - but first taking out my nose ring so she doesn't rip it out cause she didn't notice it!

My muscles and skin felt soooo great afterwards! The next couple of days my muscles were thanking me after cursing the massage. Definitely something I will do again - next year!

Oh yeah, and we got home at 1:30am. Thinking Craig would be sound asleep, you can imagine my surprise as he met me near the gate of our apartment because he had been locked out the whole time, and realized it just as we dropped him off. He got to know the neighborhood, some ice cream, and...waited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok..that was one funny story Leah! It was good for a belly laugh:)
it's nice to check up on you guys...and your experiences there!
Renee

Anonymous said...

That was a good laugh out loud story....thanks for sharing.
Pam

Anonymous said...

go leah go!!!!. im still laughing, how about that russian lady













!
!