The past two weeks, Baby Reid has been shakin' and movin'! It really has been an amazing experience to feel our child moving around in my belly. I no longer mix up the moving with gas or indigestion. Baby Reid's movements are definite, strong, and often!
The first time Craig felt Baby move was cool. We were in bed one night and I just placed his hand on my belly. He couldn't feel anything, then he said - 'Was that it?' (it was!) 'I felt some pressure in my palm'.
The other morning in church, Baby Reid kicked so abruptly that I moved in my chair! Craig said that's because it was during the prayer and Baby thought I was going to fall asleep, so Baby was keeping me awake.
There is a definite sleeping and awake pattern with Baby Reid now. When I'm up moving around or shopping (like I have been the past few days still trying to set up house) Baby is sleeping. I've heard that babies sleep during those times because they're being lulled to sleep, just like if you were rocking them to sleep. And when I'm sitting down, Baby Reid is awake and active. Last night we were at the Mooney's and right after supper Baby Reid was dancing up a storm! Usually by 8pm Baby has lots to accomplish and is very active.
Sometimes it still feels a little freaky - like there's some kind of alien inside me. I don't understand why there has to be a correlation between my belly and my throat...kinda yucky but I feel like a little arm could pop out my mouth at any moment. And all that moving can make me nauseas! Like my belly and throat would like to 'get rid' of whatever is moving around!
The uncomfortable stage is just around the corner, I can tell. It's getting tougher to turn over at night and stand up from the sitting position. But it's all worth it!

1 comment:
It does feel freaky but it's so cool huh? Paisley moved a lot more than Aubry did. We could see Paisley moving my whole belly around this time from the other side of the room. Weird. But again very cool. Best wishes to you guys.
Mary V
Post a Comment