I receive prenancy emails every week - updates on how the baby is developing, which fruit/vegetable the baby is comparable to, what changes to expect with my body, etc.
This week's email started with this mind-boggling sentence:
"You're in the home stretch — two trimesters down, one more to go."
We're in the THIRD trimester? There are only THREE!
My last entry asked if I was overwhelmed - and that was before I got this email! What's more than feeling overwelmed? Extra-whelmed?!
The email continued:
"Your baby is growing steadily as he prepares for delivery day. He will gain weight rapidly over the next weeks and, as the size of your belly increases, you may feel more breathless and tired. Your baby's acting more like a newborn now, too. He opens and closes his eyes, sleeps and wakes at regular intervals, and may suck a finger or thumb. He may also be hiccupping a lot this week, which explains that odd rhythmic sensation you've probably been feeling."
Then my feelings changed:
We're going to have a baby. In 3 months (give or take a day/week or two!) we will have the experience of holding the life that is growing inside of me. As long as I don't think about the delivery process, that is a very exciting experience to look forward to!
We are in the third trimester, the home stretch. And soon we will hold Baby Reid.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment