Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Little Tent...



So while we were at Double VM Family Camp last week, Craig and I got to experience our first camping trip together! At least one where we got to stay in the same tent! We went once 3 years ago with his brother Kevin and sister Pam in Ontario and had to canoe to our island and canoe to another island to swim, and it was awesome! But we were only dating at the time...

So, this time we headed out at Craig set up his tent while I went to practice for worship team that night. Now, Craig used to use his tent when he was tree-planting 2 summers before we had met and I'd only heard stories of how great his tent was. But, to be honest, I had never seen it - or thought about asking how big it actually was...

All I heard that evening was 'a 3 man tent? i don't think your sleeping bags would even fit in there!' But Craig is very proud of his tent that he spent $250 on almost 10 years ago. We managed to fit a matress in it, and it was great! Cozy. Clean. Dry. FUN!

And at the end of the weekend, it took us 20 minutes to pack up 'camp' and head out...while others took a couple of hours getting all their gear packed up.

Sometimes simple is better. Thanks for the great weekend, Craig! We are looking forward to many more camping trips.

2 comments:

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Sounds like fun- now I feel like camping! Simple is better, I agree. Nice tent, Craig!
Ang

Travis, Alicia, Ceara and Calen Sass said...

awww.... your first outdoor sleepover together. Fun stuff! When we come home on furlough you know whenever that may be we should do the camping thing. I'd love to get out of the city right now. Oh well, I'm sure at 7 months pregnant sleeping in a tent would probably not be the smartest thing for the back. Hope you enjoyed your first campout.
Alicia