Tuesday, July 04, 2006

FINALLY!!




Leah has arrived home from her 1 month Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Alberta holiday....and imagine - my husband was the one to start this blog but didn't manage to have time in 3 weeks to post something interesting. Sorry Close's, I know I said you should 'update your blogs regularily so you keep people's interet"...and we failed!

The title Finally actually refers to the reason we went to Regina in the first place - for my Convocation. Mom says it sounds like I have a disease. It actually means I got my Bachelor of Music Education and have joined the millions around the world who are unemployed with a degree and get to start paying back student loans. Anyway, it's an incredibly expensive little piece of paper to own, but I am so thankful I have it.

so, what does this mean for the Reids'? It means Leah has been applying for jobs but has not landed one yet due to the red tape of teaching in BC. It means that Craig is trying to get his degree finished as soon as possible so we are free to go wherever we feel called. Craig will be finished his internship with Coldstream Christian Church at the end of August. We are looking at many options right now, all of which we hope God is guiding us through. We'll see where we end up in the next few months.

As for now, Lenny and Carol are visiting, the spaghetti sauce is on, Len is out for a run and coming home to pick more cherries/raspberries off our neighbors tree, and Craig is working construction in 34+ weather today. We're meeting him at the beach when he's done work to go for a dip in the Okanagan Lake. AHHHH!! the benefits of living in BC!

Take Care,
Leah

3 comments:

Jill Slywka said...

Leah,

It was so fun to see you when you were in Regina. Thanks for providing some laughs the other night at Andrea's. And congratulations on convocating! I remember when it seemed like this day would never come for you - and yet now you are all done! Have a great day!

Jill

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

My mentors are back. . .

Hot dog!

Johnny

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! I27m mother financial advisor management training http://www.funny-t-shirt-3.info Time universality body fat lessen