Saturday, January 13, 2007

Kimbop

This lady works at the store underneath our school. she's making us Kimbop. it's like sushi, only no fish. she wraps rice, carrots, radish, egg and ham in seaweed. the egg, radish, and ham are in long, thin strips, kinda like a pencil. how do you get egg to be in the shape of a pencil? it's really good and costs $1.

We broke down and went for fast food last Sunday after church to a burger joint called Lotteria. craig got some mashed potato balls and cheese sticks after he had a buger. we weren't brave enough to try this burger the first time. it is a burger without the bun - it's held together with sticky rice instead! gotta be brave and try it sometime soon!

We went to a bakery called Tous les Jours and decided not to get the Glutinous Rice Bread. we opted for some cream filled sweet bread and a honey and ginger drink. my sweet bread was grape flavored - never had purple bread before!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Hey Leah. Lotteria! I remember that from Japan days. I can clearly remember going there with my host family when I went to Japan in high school. good memories! Enjoying hearing about your time in Korea.
Nicole Whaley

Jason said...

Hey Leah. Lotteria! I remember that from Japan days. I can almost smell it! I was in Japan in highschool and my host family took me there for a 'teriyaki burger'. good memories! Enjoying hearing about your time in Korea.
Nicole Whaley

Anonymous said...

Neat to see you expanding your palate! Which one of you is the more adventurous eater?

Also, being more seasonal weather here in Nordern Ontario (-20 belowish before windchill), how are the temperatures there?

Ken Horton

Anonymous said...

It's so cool to catch up on you guys! Love the pictures and the food sounds quite delicious!

Ang