So in light of the last few posts about my belly, I thought I'd write down my recent thoughts about being pregnant. This amazing, life-changing, life-growing time of my life is coming to a close as Baby Reid gets ready to make his/her appearance in the next 35-ish days!
1) I really am not ready for my pregnancy to be over! I have been incredibly blessed with a healthy pregnancy and have felt really good for the past few months. Having all these amazing new things happen inside of me is not something I'm wishing would go away quickly. I'm certainly not wanting to speed up time for when Baby Reid is here. I could stay pregnant for a lot longer. I'm just really loving all the movements and bonding with Baby Reid in my belly! : D
2) I'm really trying hard to relish this pregnancy because - the next time we're pregnant (God willing!) there will be a toddler-ish aged Reid running around the house! That part is pretty overwhelming to me! I realize this is the 'easiest' pregnancy I could have since there is only Craig and me to take care of these days!
3) One of the things I have sooo enjoyed doing is going to prenatal aquafit at the YMCA. Sally is an amazing instructor and I feel exercised while feeling safe. I don't worry about falling or slipping and get to feel almost weightless under the water. It's a great feeling compared to feeling so heavy walking around during the day. One of the best parts is the meditation at the end when we float and try to have every part of our bodies relaxed. An unforgettable experience for me was when I was completely relaxed and could feel nothing of my body except Baby Reid. Sally is also very good at getting us prepared for the birthing process. Hopefully I will remember her statements of 'breathe gently, rhythmic, and full' and 'breathe into your babies' while I'm in labor.
This little life is going to come into our world and it will be amazing when that happens, but for now, I am quite content to have Baby Reid in the safest environment possible.
1) I really am not ready for my pregnancy to be over! I have been incredibly blessed with a healthy pregnancy and have felt really good for the past few months. Having all these amazing new things happen inside of me is not something I'm wishing would go away quickly. I'm certainly not wanting to speed up time for when Baby Reid is here. I could stay pregnant for a lot longer. I'm just really loving all the movements and bonding with Baby Reid in my belly! : D
2) I'm really trying hard to relish this pregnancy because - the next time we're pregnant (God willing!) there will be a toddler-ish aged Reid running around the house! That part is pretty overwhelming to me! I realize this is the 'easiest' pregnancy I could have since there is only Craig and me to take care of these days!
3) One of the things I have sooo enjoyed doing is going to prenatal aquafit at the YMCA. Sally is an amazing instructor and I feel exercised while feeling safe. I don't worry about falling or slipping and get to feel almost weightless under the water. It's a great feeling compared to feeling so heavy walking around during the day. One of the best parts is the meditation at the end when we float and try to have every part of our bodies relaxed. An unforgettable experience for me was when I was completely relaxed and could feel nothing of my body except Baby Reid. Sally is also very good at getting us prepared for the birthing process. Hopefully I will remember her statements of 'breathe gently, rhythmic, and full' and 'breathe into your babies' while I'm in labor.
This little life is going to come into our world and it will be amazing when that happens, but for now, I am quite content to have Baby Reid in the safest environment possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment