If you haven't been reading blogs lately, you have been missing out on Tim's nostalgia. He's been thinking back to childhood songs, books, and high school days. must be cause he turned 31 - Happy Bday, Tim.
Tim wrote about an interesting story involving myself and his beautiful wife that happened back in 1993. Tara set the story straight, in her mind - but I am here to exploit the truth...
It was 1993, and there were almost 16 people in a vehicle, but it was not the Muller-mobile. We were on our Praise-ing Mizpah tour (we were the opening act for Mizpah) and had stopped somewhere in the Northern states. Because Mr.McMillan was driving, northern states means about 16 hours from the border, and the additional 10 to get to the border. He was running on empty - never mind that we all have bladder problems from trying to hold it too long - so we finally got to stop.
We went into a convenience store to grab what we could to survive the next 3 days in the vehicle. Back in those days it was a real exciting experience to be in the states and get junk food that we couldn't in Canada. Tim and I were browsing through some chocolate bars and chips and laughing at all the different names of stuff. Then, we saw....FUNYUNS!! what the heck is a Funyun?! i know Tim put the definition up, but what the heck are they? I was thinking of Tara and Carolyn and bought them a bag.
Tim and I just started using the word randomly on the rest of the trip, and brought it back home to Western. I can't recall completely embarrassing Tara with all of this, but you are right, Tare! i'm sure Tim was just flirting and trying to get your attention -ahhhhh! not that i remember any of the details of this story either....
Funyuns gave way to some excellent times - such as MONGO with Malcolm and Tim at 3am driving over tapes and running around the car in Yorkton. Also made way for games like Pick Your Own Pitch, always starting with 'My Hope is Built'! Good times.
Sorry we had to have fun at your expense, Tara. I can't even believe that was 14 years ago! I have never had a bag of Funyuns since, but I'll take anyone on in Pick Your Own Pitch anyday!
Thanks for the story, Tim.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
14 stinkin years ago! Wow is that embarassing that some of those memories from Western are still fresh in my memory like yesterday.
Post a Comment