On Tuesday I was at Yangji Middle School. Hands down, the worst school for lunches. This day was NO exception!
Kimchi - of course. two kinds.
soup - made of beans with tofu. usually not too bad. smelled like dirty feet.
meat - fish. they must have taken the whole fish and just cut it into chunks. bones, skin, everything and smothered it in red chili sauce.
rice - purple. the only thing i ate.
I started this post 1 week ago. ironically, here I am, back at the same school 1 Tuesday later...with a lunch that rivaled the one already mentioned:
kimchi - of course. two kinds. same as last week. left overs? probably.
soup - THE WORST!! this time they take the whole fish and grind it up and make a soup. i just can't eat it. yes, i have tried.
meat - little coctail weiners. mixed with some cabbage, carrots, and green peppers. ok, i could stomach it, but then they attempt to make a sauce like gravy out of red chilis and smother them in it. just couldn't handle it today.
rice - brown, but only in color.
yesterday i picked the baby octopus tentacles out of my lunch. didn't want them to get stuck in my throat and choke me to death. this is a serious problem in Korea - ususally while people are eating the LIVE baby octopus.
We are going to Seoul for my birthday. I can already taste the guacamole in my burrito!!!
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment