Monday, April 02, 2007

The Joybus!

Remember the Joybus?! if you lived in Regina in the '80's you probably do. I think Johnny Slywka still has the good old yellow Joybus tshirt too!

We took the Joybus last week to church - Korean style!! The bus stops outside our apartment at 10:35 and we hop on - with all the elderly people headed to church. Our first time on, there was even music - Trust and Obey in Korean (thought of Jenny and Brian immediately!) .

The cool part was that the bus doesn't just round up poeple to take them to a specific church or to 'my church'...it stops along the way and drops people off at 'their church' - where they are a part of a church family and feel a part of things. I love that aspect. You are able to worship with your family and one bus will get everybody to their right places.

We love the Joybus! Maybe i'll teach the elderly people Arky Arky soon...

3 comments:

Kimberly McKay said...

That's awesome! I love that.

Anonymous said...

nope, still no post... glad you guys enjoy the joybus so much! this weekend mom and i are taking the joytrain to russia and stoping at one of the cathedrals in Moscow for good friday. Should be really cool!

Anonymous said...

I was sitting in the front seat. My dad was driving. He hit the breaks, I flipped over the front seat. I hit the top of my head on those shinny steel steps. Blood. Stitches. And then back on the bus next week. I loved it. "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..."

Love you guys,
Brian