Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tyzen's Farewell Party

Our school had a going away party for Tyzen on Thursday night - a great way to kick off our holiday week. Unfortunatly for Craig this now means that he is the only man in our office of 25 women. We will miss you Tyzen! hope you are able to visit often while doing your masters in Incheon.
We went out for drinks and 'side dishes' with some of our Korean colleauges, Rachel, Robin and her sister Joyce and mom Nancy, and a former teacher. We ate dried squid, kinda like jerky...mmmmmm! and some real beef jerky, very finely chopped. Also tofu with kimchi. It was a great evening...

But AFTWEWARDS is when the real party began! it was the best thing i've done in Korea - ok, maybe a few exceptions - but it was exceptionally great! we headed off to the Nari bong! which is a Singing room - yep!! Karaoke with the people who created it. you rent your own room for $10/hour and choose from 10000 or so songs. Just keep pluggin them in and they'll show up on one of the 4 screens. The other 4 screens are just for effect - videos of buffalo running through the meadows, beavers building their damns! I guess it's inspiring.

We stayed for 2 hours singing away to Abba, Bon Jovi, Tyzen did a bunch of rap, Rachel and i just kept plugging in songs. Seemed it was always Rachel's turn - and i always accompanied her! no alcohol - just good 'ol singing! we had the best time! and didn't get home till 4am.

Craig and I were thinking we'd go rent a singing room by ourselves just to practice! then we'll be superstars of Karoke in Korea! watch for our album in the next year...

3 comments:

Brian Charla said...

Hi larious! You guys are so Flipper. Smooshie.
Ya. Gotta go,
just wanted you to know:
that I read your stuff.

Brian

Pamela said...

Leah,

I've been talking to Rachel about coming to teach in Korea. I'd love to run some questions by you. I don't have your email addy so if you could drop me a quick one at pamela_nadine@yahoo.ca I would greatly appreciate it! blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great party idea...Craig singing with no alcohol, in public. wow, I'm impressed. What have you done to my brother? I still have trouble singing in church. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Miss you. Everyone at church says hi.

Kev.